Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. ~Philippians 4:8~

FOLLOW


Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Lila Downs Video- Beautiful Tribute to Mexican Culture

I love the vibrant colors and beautiful landscapes of Mexico! Lila Downs at her best. I am enamoured of the clothing she wears in this video and the beautiful textiles and embroidery some of the women in the video wear.


  
  And this! Such beautiful images and music! "Agua De Rosas"
 

11 comments:

Gloria said...

I love Lila as well. We went to see her a couple of years ago when she was at the Gallo Center here in Modesto. Awesome artist, she is. Hope all is well with you, enjoy your Wednesday. Take care.

YayaOrchid said...

Hi Gloria! What a treat to see her perform in person! Maybe someday she'll do a concert in my area.

Doing great, enjoying the nice cool weather we've been having. Thanks for stopping by!

Ben said...

I love the first video. I can't stop watching since I found it a couple of days ago :)

YayaOrchid said...

Ben, thank you for sharing! You find the neatest things to share and I appreciate it. I would love to travel to Mexico and visit all the well known markets. And if I ever go to Mexico City, I'd be sure to visit you and also Leslie Tellez.

Que Fregados said...

I love watching Lila Downs perform - unfortunately, I have only seen her online. If she ever does come to this area, make sure to invite me :)

Andrea said...

The first video is awesome Thanks for sharing!

dOBerMANa (АлекСаша) said...

Thank you for your introduction to Mexican culture. Sebastopol. Ukraine. East Europe

Rachel Cotterill said...

Those really are some gorgeous outfits! :)

YayaOrchid said...

@Rachel Cotterill yes and very colorful! I'm glad you enjoyed watching the video. :)

vianney said...

Thank you for sharing these vids, they colors and music are amazing!

YayaOrchid said...

@vianney thank you for stopping by. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Music